Cyberpunk 2030 - An Impending Darkness
Following a vast socio-economical collapse and a period of martial law, the United States government has had to rely on several megacorporations to survive. This has given them a veritable carte blanche to operate as they will.
- Arasaka, a huge Japanese zaibatsu, megalomaniacal CEO obsessed with making Japan into a superpower. Likely nod to World War II arms manufacturer Arisaka.
- Biotechnica, an Italian biotechnology, pharmacology, and cybernetics firm.
- Euro Business Machines (EBM), an information technology corporation (an obvious nod towards IBM).
- Infocomp, a commercial think-tank and information repository.
- Kendachi, a Japanese armament company.
- Merril, Asukaga & Finch , financial analysts. Quite probably an allusion to Merrill Lynch.
- Microtech, a computer and electronics manufacturer.
- Militech, American arms and mercenary contractor.
- Mitsubishi-Sugo, a major transportation manufacturer.
- Network News 54, an American broadcasting company.
- Orbital Air, an African corporation with a monopoly on space transportation.
- Petrochem, an energy company.
- SovOil, a neo-Soviet oil giant, controlling a vast percentage of the petrochemicals market.
- Trauma Team International, a private medical firm also dealing in medical insurance, prepaid disaster relief, prepaid CSAR, etc.
- World News Service, a worldwide news conglomerate, similar to the Associated Press.
- WorldSat Communications Network, a satellite communications giant.
- Zetatech, a computer, cyberdeck, robotics, and cybernetics manufacturing company.